Answers to some frequently asked questions
- All of our Corgis are registered through the American Kennel Club (AKC).
- All of our puppies are sold on spay/neuter contract. We also require (part of our puppy contract) that you wait till the puppy is at-least one year of age but prior to 15 months of age to spay/neuter.
- Our puppy contract states that they will not be used for breeding.
- Our current price on puppies is $3800.00
- To be placed on our waitlist you must complete our puppy application and have it approved. Once it is approved then you must send in your $100.00 NON-REFUNDABLE Application Fee.
- Once it is your turn to select your new family member you will be required to place a NON-REFUNDABLE holding fee on your new family member which holds that puppy for you until your scheduled pick up day and this goes towards your final purchase price.
- Each puppy is matched by myself to each family based on the puppies personality and the families lifestyle.
- All of our puppies are raised in our home, handled daily by us from the moment they are born. They are born in our bedroom right next to our bed where they stay until they are about 3 weeks of age. Then they are moved into the formal room which is the heart of our home so they are exposed to all kinds of different sounds, smells, textures and played with so they are very well socialized. Our puppy paw-rents always tell us they have never had such a loving puppy before. I firmly believe this is because of how we raise them, love on them and socialize with them.
- All of our puppies go to our vet for a 8 week well puppy exam and are deemed healthy by our vet before they leave us. They also receive the 1st vaccination in the puppy series along with being microchipped at this appointment.
- All puppies will be de-wormed on a regular schedule. We start worming them at 2 weeks and then every 2 weeks after that until they go home.
- All puppies will be up to date on all age appropriate vaccines when they leave us. We give the first shot at 7-8 weeks and then they need a vaccine every 3-4 weeks up until 16 weeks of age.
- We send all of our puppies home with a container of the food they're eating.
- All of our puppies go home with up to date vet records. Including vaccine history, de- worming schedule and health record that shows everything from the moment they were born to the time they left us.
- We also include a 50+ page "manual" that helps assist you in raising one of our corgis. This is a collection of material that I have put together to help you along your journey in raising a well mannered and rounded corgi.
- All of our dogs are genetically tested for DM, VWD1, EIC, PRA-RCD3, Coat length (Fluffy gene) plus many other tests through Embark. We also do the recommended OFA testing by the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America. Each puppy that we retain or purchase for the breeding program has completed the OFA testing at 1 year of age for the prelims (gives us an idea how things are looking) and then are taken again for the OFA finals at 24 months of age. All OFA and genetic health tests are recorded on the dogs OFA records so it makes it easy for each family to see those results. We provide copies of the parents health testing to each puppy parent along with photos of the parents.
- We do not offer any health guarantees on anything contagious a puppy can contract as soon as they leave our care. This includes but is not limited to parvovirus, coccidia, giardia, round worm, hook worm, tape worm, any illness that can be bought on or caused by stress, viruses or bacteria.
- We DO NOT ship puppies. We offer a nanny service where I will fly with your puppy to you if you are not local. Most families use this service instead of them flying to pick up the puppy since we do this often and have a great system set up to insure that the puppy remains safe and well cared for. You are welcome to fly to us and I will meet you at the airport however I will not allow another nanny service. Cost is determined by the current round trip airfare from San Diego Airport to your location, pet airfare charged by airlines, and a $250.00 day fee to cover my travel expenses.
- We will ALWAYS for the life of the puppy or dog take him or her back. It states in our puppy contract that you sign that you agree to return the puppy or dog to us first prior to re-homing or placing it with someone else. No monies will be exchanged but we will ALWAYS provide a safe place for our Circle Heart Corgis puppies or dogs to land as life can take unexpected turns.
"Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles Shultz
© Circle Heart Corgis . All rights reserved.
© Circle Heart Corgis . All rights reserved.